Contact us

US Visa

A visa is necessary for Thai nationals who want to visit the United States temporarily or move there permanently. The type of visa required under U.S. immigration law will depend on the reason for your proposed visit and other details. You must fulfill all eligibility requirements to be granted the correct category of visa you request if you want to apply for one. Additionally, Thai applicants are urged to pay close attention to planning. If you wish to obtain a visa successfully, you should consult an expert to determine the ideal time to begin your application.

Type of Visa

  •       Business/Tourist Visa (B1/B2) 
  •       Fiancé(e) Visa K1
  •       Spouse Visa (CR1/IR1)

Business/Tourist Visa (B1/B2) – are the most common types of non-immigrant visas that individuals from Thailand can apply for. In addition, people who are temporarily visiting the United States for business (B-1), or for pleasure (B-2), or medical treatment are eligible for the B-1/B-2 visitor visa (B-2). Some visas are valid for up to 10 years and are issued for both single and multiple entries. The following categories apply to business and tourist visas depending on the reason for entry:

The B-1 visa is intended for people who wish to consult with associates on business matters, attend conventions or conferences related to science, education, business, or other related fields, settle estates, or negotiate contracts.

The B-2 visa is for leisure travel, such as vacationing, visiting friends or family, receiving medical treatment, and engaging in fraternal, social, or charitable endeavors.

Fiancé(e) Visa K1 – The foreign citizen fiancé(e) of an American citizen is eligible for a K-1 visa. The K-1 visa enables the foreign national’s fiancé(e) to visit the country and marry their fiancé(e), a citizen of the United States, within 90 days of arrival. The foreign national will then apply for adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident (LPR). To be eligible for a fiancé(e) visa, which allows its holder to enter the country and marry a citizen within 90 days of arrival, the fiancé(e) must fulfill some of the criteria for an immigrant visa. In addition, the child of the fiancé(e) must appear at the same visa interview as the fiancé(e) and apply for a K-2 visa if the child intends to travel with the fiancé(e) to the United States.

Spouse Visa (CR1/IR1) – The CR1/IR1 visa, often known as the U.S. Spouse Visa, enables American people to petition for a foreign spouse to reside with them in the country. Foreign spouses who enter the country will be given a “green card,” also known as a permanent resident card, allowing them to remain with their spouse indefinitely.

Those who arrive in the United States with a green card and have been married for less than two years are awarded a

CR1 (Conditional Resident) visa. The granting of these visas is “conditional.” The recipient and their U.S. citizen spouse must apply to have the conditions on their green card removed two years after arriving in the country; upon approval, they will be given an updated 10-year permanent residence card.

On the other hand, beneficiaries who have been married for more than two years are issued an

IR1 (Immediate Relative) visa when their green card is approved. The IR1 holder will have ten years before their permanent residence card needs to be renewed because there are no conditions to be removed.

Alpha Legal can answer your questions and help you gather the documents required to complete the application process successfully. You should contact us for assistance if you want to learn more about the types of visas available and how to apply for one of them. We would be happy to help.